2 Standards and Technology Used in RESQML
|For Standard||RESQML v2.0.1|
RESQML leverages existing standards and technology, which contributes to its rigor and flexibility. This chapter describes key standards and technology and how they are used in RESQML.
The standards are presented in these groups:
- 2.1 Information Technology Standards are used as published from their respective standards organizations.
- 2.2 Energistics Standards are based on existing standards and/or industry best practices, but have been tailored to meet the specific needs of upstream oil and gas and/or data exchange.
- 2.3 RESQML Conventions are standard practices or conventions used in RESQML.
- For RESQML definitions, key concepts, and organization, see 3 Organization and Key Concepts: Overview .
- For a concise list of all standards used in RESQML and their sponsoring organizations, see 15 Appendix: Standards Used in RESQML .